Ylang Ylang Essence Oil
The Purple People Market Place Ylang Ylang essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy oil diffusers; formulating cosmetic products; freshen potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Description: rich, deep, spicy aroma; light brown color; semi-thick consistency
Aromatherapy benefits: Assists in overcoming difficulties
History and legend: The common name originates from the Philippine alang-ilang, meaning flower of flowers a description of the way in which these star-shaped flowers flutter or hang in the breeze. The Tagalog word ilang means wilderness or the word ilang-ilan meaning rare. The ylang-ylang tree (Cananga odorata) can grow 15 feet per year, and trees can reach over 40 feet tall. It has been stated that the fragrance has a euphoric, relaxing effect on the nervous system – soothing and mood elevating.
Uses of fragrance oil include:
- Freshen up the Household – Add a few drops of Ylang Ylang Essence Oil on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets. Place a few drops of oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, drain, dryer sheet, potpourri, or vacuum bag filter.
- Diffusing – One of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere is through diffusion. It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in car or room diffuser. One of the more common methods is using an aromatherapy oil disffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Massage – Create a massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running warm bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Experience a wonderfully scented bath soak.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding oils to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and of course as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.
Information on how essence oils are extracted: Essence oils are blends derived from flowers, barks, leaves, roots or resins… read more
One may come across unbelievably good offers for oils which may believably be a sacrifice in quality for quantity… Experience quality essence oils at truly reasonable prices.