Wintergreen Essential Oil
Offering the finest quality therapeutic grade essential oils
Aromatherapy properties: stimulating, aids digestion, disinfectant
Wintergreen essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of its leaves.
- Wintergreen essential oil can be used for pain relief as well as induce relaxation. When rubbed on an area affected by pain,it is readily absorbed through the skin and the presence of Menthyl Salicylate induces numbness and an anesthetic effect on the nerves at that area. It also increases circulation of the blood and brings warmth. Sleep peacefully.
- This oil assists in alleviating rheumatism and arthritis in two ways. First, when applied externally, it easily penetrates through the skin around the muscles and tissues and stimulates circulation of blood in that location. Secondly, although it is absorbed through the skin, it eventually reaches the blood stream, where it stimulates and increases urination, acting as a diuretic. This speeds up the removal of toxins like uric acid from the body through urination.
- The relaxing and stimulating effect of this oil reduces spasms in the respiratory, muscular, digestive and nervous systems, while providing relief from congestion in the chest, breathing trouble, asthma, spasmodic coughs, muscular cramps, digestive disorders, spasmodic diarrhea, convulsions and various nervous afflictions.
- It opens up menstruation and also helps get rid of problems such as nausea, fatigue, and pain that can be associated with difficult periods. But, and this cannot be stressed enough, wintergreen essential oil should not be taken orally.
- It is frequently used to treat snake bites, dog bites, stings from poisonous insects like scorpions, wasps, and bees.