Spearmint Essential Oil
fresh, sweet, tingly
Offering the finest quality therapeutic grade essential oils
Aromatherapy properties: refreshing, cooling, regeneration
The Essential Oil of Spearmint is extracted by steam distillation of flowering tops of the spearmint plant.
- This oil works well as an antiseptic for wounds and ulcers, protecting them from becoming septic or developing other infections, while also helping them to heal faster. These antiseptic properties are due to the presence of components like Menthol, Myrcene and Caryophyllene.
- Due to it’s Menthol content, Essential Oil of Spearmint has a relaxing and cooling effect on the nerves and muscles, and helps to relax contractions in the case of spasms.
- The antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint make it a disinfectant. It can help get rid of both internal and external infections.
- The relaxing properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint induce relaxation in the intestines and muscles of the abdominal region, thereby assisting the gases formed in stomach and intestines to pass out of the body naturally. This provides relief from many health concerns, including uneasiness and restlessness, insomnia, headaches, stomachaches, indigestion, loss of appetite, chest pain, vomiting, cramps and other related symptoms.
- It functions as a restorative – restores health and maintain proper functioning of all the organ systems operating in the body. Spearmint oil also helps to repair the damage done to the body and aid in the recovery from injuries, wounds and in regaining strength after long bouts of illness.
Mental and Emotional Therapeutics:
Spearmint essential oil has a relaxing and cooling effect on the brain, which removes stress from it’s cognitive center. It helps with concentration. And since it is a cephalic substance, it helps to cure headaches and other stress related neural problems. This oil is reported to be beneficial for the overall health and protection of the brain.
Blending: Spearmint oil blends well with Basil, Eucalyptus, Lavender, and Rosemary essential oils.