Sandalwood Essence Oil
“Egyptian sandalwood is a very lovely scent although it changes when applied to my skin but it is still lovely. woody sandalwood smells the same on my skin as it smells in the bottle, it is absolutely wonderful. next I will try the Arabian sandalwood as someone told me its lovely. thank you all, you are truly great” DB
The Purple People Market Place Sandalwood essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy oil diffusers; formulating cosmetic products; freshen potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Five sandalwoods to choose from:
* Arabian Sandalwood(soft tropical; sweet, coconut undertone)
* Eastern Sandalwood(soft, traditional)
* Egyptian Sandalwood(strong, spicy)
* Tunisian Sandalwood(soft,, citrusy, sweet)
* Woody Sandalwood(strong, sweet)
Aromatherapy benefits: sandalwood calms mind and emotions, meditative, relaxing, relieves depression and stress
History and legend: One of the oldest incense materials, Sandalwood has been in use for at least 4,000 years. The sandalwood tree grows almost exclusively in the forests of Karnataka, followed by Tamil Nadu, and other regions of India. As the tree grows, the essential oil develops in the roots and heartwood, which requires at least 15 to 20 years to develop. Full maturity is reached after 60 to 80 years. As the core of dark heartwood gradually develops, sap gradually overlays the wood. The sandalwood tree is never felled, but uprooted in the rainy season, when the roots are richer in the precious essential oil. It is one of the most calming incenses and highly preferred for meditation.
The Purple People’s Sandalwood Essence Oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting purely some of the best fragrance body oil available.
Uses of fragrance oil include:
- Freshen up the Household – Add a few drops of Sandalwood Essence Oil on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets. Place a few drops of oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, drain, dryer sheet, potpourri, or vacuum bag filter.
- Diffusing – One of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere is through diffusion. It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in car or room diffuser. One of the more common methods is using an aromatherapy oil disffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Massage – Create a massage oilscent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running warm bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Experience a wonderfully scented bath soak.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding oils to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and of course as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.
Information on how essence oils are extracted: Essence oils are blends derived from flowers, barks, leaves, roots or resins… read more
One may come across unbelievably good offers for oils which may believably be a sacrifice in quality for quantity… Experience quality essence oils at truly reasonable prices.