Garlic Essential Oil
pungent, sulfurous aroma
Offering the finest quality therapeutic grade essential oils
Aromatherapy properties: Garlic is widely known for its ability to prevent infection and treat a variety of ailments: ear infections, hair growth, congestion, anti-microbial, anti-cancer, diabetic, immune boosting, cholesterol lowering, gastro-intestinal infections, upset stomach, dysentery, tuberculosis, hepatitis, ringworm, respiratory and urine infections, digestive complaints, high blood pressure, calluses, skin parasites, skin infections, scars, pneumonia, heart disease.
- It is an effective bactericidal and antiseptic with detoxifying properties which makes it beneficial for use in treating acne.
- It is a widely known decongestant and is good for treating catarrh, sinusitis and bronchitis.
- It has been used for many years to treat gastro-intestinal infections and settle and upset or uneasy stomach.
- Garlic has been known to be used for treating scabies along with other essential oils, one example being Lavender.
- Here at the Monastery, it is one of more important ingredients in making insect repellent sprays. On the body, mosquitoes and creepers of every kind are repelled. On the garden plants, pests (insects, deer, etc.) are effectively deterred. Please note: a little dap will do – it is fragrant to the extreme.
Best used in a diluted form. While most oils can be distilled in the air for benefit, garlic oil is not one of them. All that causes is a very potent smell in the air (and perhaps a strong urge to evacuate the room). Garlic oil is best applied to the body. 2 drops of garlic essential oil in 1 ounce of carrier oil (shake very well before use).
Garlic is best used in conjunction with other oils like Lavender and Peppermint. Diffuse 1 drop Garlic, 2 drops Peppermint and 4 drops Lavender to help ease the symptoms during a sickness. One can also mix with a carrier oil and apply to infected area or help rejuvenate the body.
Blending: Garlic Essential Oil blends well with Lavender, Peppermint, Citronella,and Basil essential oils.
There are no reviews yet.